The Demonstrators of Tahrir and their Newspapers | February 6th 2011

This morning I went to Tahrir to see the Christian and Muslim prayers to be held. It was great to see the solidarity but something else that struck me upon arriving was the enormous number of people sitting and reading the paper all over the square. These images felt like the perfect response to all the people who think the people in Tahrir are illiterate or uninformed. Please share these images.

Share and Enjoy:
  • Print this article!
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Twitter
Danny - February 6, 2011 - 5:13 pm

wow Tim these photos keep getting more and more interesting glad your ok man stay safe!

Thomas Lester - February 6, 2011 - 6:15 pm

Tim… I just love your coverage of all this. Thank you for doing this.

rawia - February 6, 2011 - 6:26 pm

daniel - February 7, 2011 - 11:11 pm

Wow, great PJ. Newspapers. very interesting.

Marianne Wilson - February 8, 2011 - 12:56 am

Tim these are so great. I love seeing your coverage of everything that is happening.

Nora - February 8, 2011 - 7:00 am

These are awesome! Thanks so much for sharing.

Brian Kraft - February 8, 2011 - 8:33 am

Fascinating! Thanks for sharing these up-close accounts of such an historic time in our world. And of course– that’s a lot of newspaper reading!!

Natalie - February 8, 2011 - 3:23 pm

Wow, it’s amazing to see these images… Please be safe and take care!!

Albert Palmer - February 8, 2011 - 8:55 pm

Incredible work Tim – you can feel the gravity of what’s happening in your images. I’m watching closely.

Hany Hosny - February 8, 2011 - 11:20 pm

Greetings and sallam to you, Tim.

You know, I rarely leave comments on people’s blogs. But I really felt compelled to do so this time.

Your photos are really topnotch. Your compositions, your timing, and your ability to find pieces of a story that collectively assemble to make a compelling whole are uncanny.

I shoot a different genre of photography (see my website), but I know great photojournalism when I see it. Thank you so much for being willing to share these images. They are better than all the AP, Reuters, etc., images out there. No lie.

Warm regards,

Hany Hosny

ayesha - February 10, 2011 - 7:56 am

you’re the best dude. LOVE this set (hah… feel like i’m talking about a wedding blog post…)… but the moments are just amazing – the look of concentration on the faces of the readers, the relaxed and focused poses, the (morning?) light on the square… details like bandaged faces, blankets, men peering over others’ shoulders to read or putting an arm around another guy to share a read… just your awesome storytelling at its best.
hope you are staying safe and vigilant, and still shooting!

David - February 12, 2011 - 5:52 pm

I like it. You should shoot more stories like this.

Anton Chia - July 31, 2011 - 6:16 pm

Thanx for sharing these, noble work you did Tim.

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

There was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.

UA-10888825-1